- News Feature : Blue Charter action group makes strides toward tackling ocean acidification [21/02/2019 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : China’s military seeks new islands to conquer [21/02/2019 - United States]
- Business News : EU blacklisting criterias under the miscroscope: Samoa Central Bank [21/02/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : $50 billion for 20-Year Plan for development in Fiji [21/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Four former PMs in Solomon Islands in the race [21/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Five Solomon Islands political parties exclude women [21/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : Prepare now for accelerating climate threats, military officials warn [21/02/2019 - Netherlands]
- News : Fees could see lower candidate numbers - Solomon Islands electoral office [21/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Fijian government welcomes Multinational Observer Group report on election [21/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Fiji women MPs urged put differences aside to address 'big issues' [21/02/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : Barak Sope calls for Lini compensation, not to sale of Vanuatu passport [21/02/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Rat poison discovered in cocaine and methamphetamine mix: Fiji Police Commissioner [21/02/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
ANZ Fiji Monday announced it would finance Amalgamated Telecom Holdings’ (ATH) investment in the Bluesky Pacific Group, helping to cement ATH’s position as the telecommunications market leader in the South Pacific.
Speaking at the signing of a finance agreement between ANZ and ATH, ANZ Fiji Country Head, Saud Minam, said: “We are pleased to have been a central part of ATH’s expansion in the South Pacific over the past three years.
“Our own presence in Fiji, Vanuatu, American Samoa, Samoa, Cook Islands and Kiribati mirrors ATH’s footprint, giving ANZ a strong competitive advantage.
“Fiji is the regional hub for ANZ and ATH. We’ve had strong economic growth here over the past nine years and the outlook continues to be strong. The Information and Communication sector is a consistent contributor to GDP and we’re pleased to support this growth.”
ATH Chairman, Ajith Kodagoda said: “As we continue to actively drive growth initiatives across the region, we are pleased to have ANZ’s support.
“ANZ has a solid understanding of our needs and we have seen a strong level of management commitment to a partnership approach with us,” he said.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media