- Business News : FSM taps on technology for full tuna transparency by 2023 [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : State of play at Tuna Commission negotiations hard to predict [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Pacific nations under climate threat urge Australia to abandon coal within 12 years [13/12/2018 - Poland]
- News : Labour standards push hopes for thumbs up from Tuna Commission [13/12/2018 - United States]
- Technology : Google and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific host Asia-Pacific AI for Social Good Summit [13/12/2018 - Australia]
- News Feature : High seas tuna transshipments targeted for action [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Japan joins Pacific to oppose U.S proposals to increase its bigeye tuna quota [13/12/2018 - United States]
- Business News : New research reveals the secret life of FADs [13/12/2018 - United States]
- Business News : ATH receives approvals for BlueSky deal [13/12/2018 - Fiji]
- Business News : Debt management and investement planning critical for Pacific- ADB [13/12/2018 - Philippines]
- News : Fiji steps up the pressure for the adoption of a target reference point on South Pacific Albacore [13/12/2018 - United States]
- News : PM Bainimarama launches Fijiís first National Adaptation Plan [13/12/2018 - Poland]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Australia welcomes the Fiji Government’s announcement that national elections will take place on 14 November 2018.
This will be Fiji’s second national election since its return to parliamentary democracy in September 2014.
At the invitation of the Fiji Government, Australia will co-lead the Multinational Observer Group, alongside India and Indonesia, as we did in 2014.
Australia will be represented on the Multinational Observer Group by a bipartisan group of Australian parliamentarians, as well as experts and officials.
The Group will monitor processes from pre-election preparations, through the campaign period, to the announcement of official results.
Australia’s role as co-lead of the Multinational Observer Group is part of our broader partnership with Fiji.
It is also in addition to our ongoing support for the Fiji Election Commission and Fijian Elections Office through two long-term advisers. The Australian Electoral Commission is also providing ongoing technical assistance.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media