- Sports News : Fiji and Samoa join World Rugby Council meeting in Dublin [23/05/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Sports News : Athletics PNG names Samoa Pacific Games Squad [23/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : U.S assures FSM, Marshall Islands and Palau it will defend them against outside threats [23/05/2019 - United States]
- News : Work on Niueís new parliament stalled over land lease issues and court injunction by Opposition MP [23/05/2019 - Niue]
- News : Fiji and EU committed to strengthening relations [23/05/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Tourism on the rise in Papua New Guinea [23/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : President says Marshall Islands facing pressure from China [23/05/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Cook Islands and New Zealand to hold 7th Joint Ministerial Forum in Aitutaki [23/05/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Sports News : PNG to support Solomon Islands bid for 2023 Pacific Games [22/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Fiji's World Cup preparations dealt a blow as coach cut from staff [22/05/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Development of women in rugby is the single greatest opportunity for our sport to grow in the next decade' [22/05/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Trump meets Pacific islands leaders to boost U.S ties [22/05/2019 - United States]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Australia welcomes the Fiji Government’s announcement that national elections will take place on 14 November 2018.
This will be Fiji’s second national election since its return to parliamentary democracy in September 2014.
At the invitation of the Fiji Government, Australia will co-lead the Multinational Observer Group, alongside India and Indonesia, as we did in 2014.
Australia will be represented on the Multinational Observer Group by a bipartisan group of Australian parliamentarians, as well as experts and officials.
The Group will monitor processes from pre-election preparations, through the campaign period, to the announcement of official results.
Australia’s role as co-lead of the Multinational Observer Group is part of our broader partnership with Fiji.
It is also in addition to our ongoing support for the Fiji Election Commission and Fijian Elections Office through two long-term advisers. The Australian Electoral Commission is also providing ongoing technical assistance.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media