- Sports News : Arms Amendment Bill for Pacific Games, Samoa Parliament assured [17/06/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Samoa Methodist Church hands over keys to Athletes Village [17/06/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tonga trim squad to face Kiwis at Mt Smart Stadium, Michael Jennings out [17/06/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : How Pacific nations are preparing players for State of Origin [17/06/2019 - Australia]
- Business News : Papua New Guinea vows to get rich in a decade [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Vanuatu Agriculture Ministry needs Vt40 million to eradicate Coconut Rhinoceros Beetle [17/06/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Resigning as Vanuatu Speaker not an option for Vanua’aku Pati MP [17/06/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Approval for new Australian coal mine bad news for Pacific, says climate scientist [17/06/2019 - Australia]
- News : Australia quizzed by EU and China on whether it can meet 2030 Paris climate target [17/06/2019 - Australia]
- News : Minister Kramer says he will clean-up the PNG police force [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fijian Police Officer in UN peackeeping mission in Yemen [17/06/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : 9.7 billion on Earth by 2050, but growth rate slowing, says new UN population report [17/06/2019 - Switzerland]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The MSG Secretariat will be hosting the MSG Sports Committee meeting over two days from May 16 –17, 2018 at the MSG Secretariat in Port Vila, Vanuatu.
The MSG Sports Committee members comprises the Director Generals of Youth and Sports Ministries of Vanuatu, Solomon Islands and Fiji and the Papua New Guinea Sports Foundation including the Front de Libération Nationale Kanak et Socialiste (FLNKS).
The main objective of the meeting is to finalise the MSG MoU on Sports Cooperation, the MSG Youth Games Charter, and to discuss and agree on establishing regular sporting initiatives and competition in the Melanesian sub-region for both young men and women as a development tool and most importantly to enhance the cultural exchange between young people as stipulated in the Agreement establishing the MSG.
In addition, the meeting will consider the proposal by Papua New Guinea’s West New Britain Province to host the Inaugural Melanesia Youth Games in the provincial capital of Kimbe 2020.
SOURCE: MSG SECRETARIAT/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media