- News : . [16/08/2019 - Kiribati]
- Business News : South Pacific Tourism Organisation welcomes Tokelau into the SPTO family [15/08/2019 - Tokelau]
- News : Fiji PM calls for urgent need for the world to step up its response to climate threat [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : Vanuatu did not endorse Tuvalu declaration on climate change and survival of Smaller Island States [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : Forum marathon reveals tensions over climate policy [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : China sides with Pacific islands on climate [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : Australia puts economy over climate: Tuvalu [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- Sports News : Flying Fijians squad for 2019 Rugby World Cup named [15/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : New Manu Samoa players included, some opt out ahead of World Cup [15/08/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tonga in good shape for World Cup [15/08/2019 - Tonga]
- News : Pacific leaders call for human rights action by Indonesia [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News Feature : China and allies challenge UN chief’s climate vision [15/08/2019 - Brazil]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A new college will be established within the Australian National University, aimed at bolstering security cooperation in the Pacific, Foreign Minister Marise Payne says.
The Australia Pacific Security College, part of the Morrison government's "Pacific Set-up" initiative, will deliver strategic security and leadership training to Pacific agencies.
“The College will establish a pool of technical advisors to support security policy development and implementation in the region," Senator Payne said in a statement on Saturday.
“Its alumni network will help Pacific Island Forum countries share knowledge and build a community of practice on regional security issues. It will support close collaboration on cross-border matters.”
The college was developed in consultation with members of the Pacific Island Forum.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media