- Sports News : Pacific Games Council welcomes CNMI U-turn [24/05/2019 - Northern Mariana Islands]
- Sports News : PNG Rugby League naming rights sponsor terminated [24/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Hooked on tuna [24/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Samoa to host signing ceremony for post-2020 ACP-EU Treaty [24/05/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : SINPF buys 15% shares in PNG-based Loloata Island Resort [24/05/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Papua New Guinea PM denies Australian citizenship claims [24/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : FSM President hold high level meetings in Washington to discuss Compact provisions [24/05/2019 - Micronesia, Federated States of]
- News : Wamytan elected as New Caledonia Congress president [24/05/2019 - New Caledonia]
- Sports News : Fiji and Samoa join World Rugby Council meeting in Dublin [23/05/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Sports News : Athletics PNG names Samoa Pacific Games Squad [23/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : U.S assures FSM, Marshall Islands and Palau it will defend them against outside threats [23/05/2019 - United States]
- News : Work on Niue’s new parliament stalled over land lease issues and court injunction by Opposition MP [23/05/2019 - Niue]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji is set to co-host a high-level Roundtable Meeting of Pacific Islands Agriculture Ministers with the People’s Republic of China, to be held in Denarau, Nadi this week.
The Roundtable Meeting of China and Pacific Island States is an outcome of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit in Papua New Guinea last year and will enable the agreement reached by the President of the People’s Republic of China, Xi Jinping and leaders of Pacific Island States.
With the theme: ‘Seizing the opportunity of jointly contributing to the Belt and Road Initiative, advancing the practical agricultural cooperation between China and Pacific Island States’, the high-level roundtable meeting will foster and promote practical agricultural cooperation between China and Small Island Developing States through friendly cooperation.
Minister for Agriculture and Rural Affairs of the People’s Republic of China, Han Changfu and Fiji’s Minister for Agriculture, Rural and Maritime Development, Waterways and Environment Dr Mahendra Reddy will co-chair the meeting.
Agriculture Ministers and senior officials from the Governments of Western Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Federated States of Micronesia, Cook Islands, and Niue will also be in attendance.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Fijian Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of China will be signed during the meet.
The Roundtable Meeting of China and Pacific Island Countries will complement and support South-South Cooperation and is being supported by the Food and Agricultural Organisation of the United Nations.
The meeting will be held on 29 March .
SOURCE: FIJI GOVT/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media