- Sports News : Wallabies World cup squad named [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : ONOC praise Tokyo 2020 as Chef de Mission Seminar concludes [22/08/2019 - Japan]
- Sports News : Heat mitigation top of the agenda at Tokyo 2020 seminar [22/08/2019 - Japan]
- Business News : Additional $3 million in funding to flow from the Nauru Phosphate Royalties Trust [22/08/2019 - Nauru]
- Business News : Fiji National Provident Fund buys 20 percent EFL shares worth $220m [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : China Pacific Tourism Year Initiative gains momentum [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific Forum chief 'positive' on Tuvalu summit outcome [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific countries push for their rights as stewards of the ocean to reflected in new global BBNJ treaty [22/08/2019 - United States]
- News : FSM calls for respect for sovereignty in BBNJ treaty [22/08/2019 - United States]
- News : Women must come to the fore of peace and security: Samoa PM [22/08/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : We need to challenge climate change doubters before itís too late [22/08/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Business News : Fiji Airways defends its Tuvalu fares [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji is set to co-host a high-level Roundtable Meeting of Pacific Islands Agriculture Ministers with the People’s Republic of China, to be held in Denarau, Nadi this week.
The Roundtable Meeting of China and Pacific Island States is an outcome of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit in Papua New Guinea last year and will enable the agreement reached by the President of the People’s Republic of China, Xi Jinping and leaders of Pacific Island States.
With the theme: ‘Seizing the opportunity of jointly contributing to the Belt and Road Initiative, advancing the practical agricultural cooperation between China and Pacific Island States’, the high-level roundtable meeting will foster and promote practical agricultural cooperation between China and Small Island Developing States through friendly cooperation.
Minister for Agriculture and Rural Affairs of the People’s Republic of China, Han Changfu and Fiji’s Minister for Agriculture, Rural and Maritime Development, Waterways and Environment Dr Mahendra Reddy will co-chair the meeting.
Agriculture Ministers and senior officials from the Governments of Western Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Federated States of Micronesia, Cook Islands, and Niue will also be in attendance.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Fijian Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of China will be signed during the meet.
The Roundtable Meeting of China and Pacific Island Countries will complement and support South-South Cooperation and is being supported by the Food and Agricultural Organisation of the United Nations.
The meeting will be held on 29 March .
SOURCE: FIJI GOVT/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media