- News Feature : Australia’s Ambassador for Climate Distraction is back: Opinion Piece [21/08/2017 - Australia]
- News Feature : Niue parliamentarians boost legislative role [21/08/2017 - Niue]
- Business News : Solomon Islands visitor arrivals up in June [21/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Tough term for Bougainville leaders ahead,peace agreement a priority: Minister [21/08/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Diarrhoea outbreak on South Tarawa [21/08/2017 - Kiribati]
- News : Look no further for an alternative, We’re here: Unity Fiji Party leader Narube [21/08/2017 - Fiji]
- News : TSI praises work of Solomon Islands Anti corruption taskforce [21/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : New Fiji Methodist church President reveals priorities [21/08/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : Poor pay debated in Kiribati parliament [21/08/2017 - Kiribati]
- Business News : USP ready to build new Solomon Islands Campus [21/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Human trafficking on sharp rise in Solomon Islands [21/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : World Met Organisation opens regional office in Singapore [21/08/2017 - Singapore]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A 20-year-old man has died of dengue in New Caledonia, becoming the eighth fatality in this year's outbreak.
The government said the man, who lived in Noumea, was admitted to hospital on Friday and died the same day.
It said he showed first signs of the mosquito-borne illness four days before his death, but had weakened health from undisclosed conditions.
It said 17 people with dengue were being cared for in hospital.
The authorities have renewed calls to eliminate mosquito breeding sites which multiplied after the passing of two cyclones in the past month....
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media