- News : NZ Govt focus on mitigating climate change, not climate refugees [21/01/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : New China Virus: Samoa urged to take early precautions [21/01/2020 - Samoa]
- News : New Caledonia screens China travellers for new virus [21/01/2020 - New Caledonia]
- News : Tokelau prepares to head to the polls [21/01/2020 - Tokelau]
- News : MOFA official meets with Marshall Islands president [21/01/2020 - Marshall Islands]
- Business News : Deactivation of mobile phones in Papua New Guinea imminent [21/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : At the UN, paying dues and having a say [21/01/2020 - United States]
- News Feature : Ancient Lapita people lived on a diet of palm trees and imported wild bananas [21/01/2020 - Vanuatu]
- Sports News : Solomon Islands international midfielder in Malta for European football trials [21/01/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- Sports News : PNGFA queries status of foreign players from Ecuadoria [21/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Vanuatu Volleyball targets final Olympic push [20/01/2020 - Vanuatu]
- Sports News : PNG to play Tonga, Wales, Cook Islands at World Cup [20/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Team Fiji has won its first gold medal at the Pacific Games after a day.
Glen Kable won the Shooting Single Trap event today.
This means Team Fiji now has 24 gold, 29 silver, and 40 bronze and remains in 5th place in the standings.
New Caledonia has increased their medal count with 65 gold, 41 silver, and 35 bronze and they are still at the top.
With two more days to go New Caledonia is set to retain its status as the best in the Pacific.
Australia is second with 31 gold,9 silver, and 13 bronze while Samoa is 3rd on the medal table with 27 gold, 30 silver, and 33 bronze.
Tahiti is a 4th place at the moment with 26 gold, 30 silver, and 31 bronze.
SOURCE: FBC SPORTS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media