- Sports News : Seruvakula names strong Fiji Drua team to face Perth Spirit [21/09/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Climate change requires most urgent mitigation measures, African leaders tell UN Assembly [21/09/2017 - United States]
- News Feature : Tackling climate change in Vanuatu [21/09/2017 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : PNG PM backs ExxonMobil [21/09/2017 - United States]
- Business News : PNG government exits Oil Search share register [21/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : At UN Assembly, Pacific small islands urge collective action against climate change impacts [21/09/2017 - United States]
- News : Pacific Islands Forum Chair highlights priorities for the Blue Pacific at the United Nations [21/09/2017 - United States]
- News : North Korea threatens H-bomb detonation in Pacific [21/09/2017 - Korea, Republic of]
- News Feature : Courage needed to stop sexual abuse epidemic in Samoa [21/09/2017 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Pacific governments commit to advance early childhood development to provide the best start to life for all children [21/09/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : IFC-led survey reveals value of PNG’s Tourism sector [21/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Nauru President calls on North Korea to have dialogue with disputing countries in the Korean Peninsula [21/09/2017 - United States]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
SASNOC President Patrick Fepulea’i, today, announced the appointment of Team Samoa’s new Chef de Mission(CDM).
Nynette Sass, is the successful appointee to this critical role which oversees the Operationalising of “Sports & Operations” in support of and ensures readiness of Team Samoa to engage at all Games.
‘The CDM is seen as the public representative of Team Samoa and will represent SASNOC in all occasions in connection with the Games. ‘
“I am very happy that we have finally completed the recruitment process to secure our new Chef de Mission.”
“There is much work to be done to prepare for the Vanuatu Mini Games in December and the Commonwealth Games in April 2018.”
“Nynette Sass is organised, a strategic thinker and action oriented. That is what we need right now!”
“She also brings to the position an inclusive leadership style, positive and innovative problem solving approach and is solution oriented.”
“The appointment is for the period up to 2020 Tokyo Olympics, pending performance appraisals after each Games, “says President Fepulea’i.
Sass, is an Oceania Sports Education Program(OSEP) Regional Master Educator. She was recently elected onto the Oceania Women and Sports Commission as well as Oceania’s Women in Badminton Committee. She is SASNOC’s Chairman for Women in Sports Commission as well as an elected Board Member of SASNOC. She is President of Samoa Badminton Federation and Vice President of Samoa Sailing Association.
Says Sass, “I love challenges and welcome this opportunity to contribute to sports development and helping Team Samoa excel.” “This simply means, I hit the ground running and prioritising all the outstanding and due milestones for the two events, is a must. This is where being organised and having the ability to multitask is a welcome skill.
“For me, the ultimate is to provide an enabling environment where our athletes can excel with minimal disruption in their preparations and final performances.” “Developing processes and policies to guide future development is the overall objective for me, in between Games.”....
SOURCE: SAMOA OBSERVER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media