- News : Victory [18/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Game cancellation for Australia vs Tonga for round one of women's championships following suspected measles case [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Fiji thwart BaaBaas fightback to win Twickenham thriller [17/11/2019 - United Kingdom]
- News : Tonga PM Tu‘i‘onetoa ‘recommends’ three TBC journalists be suspended pending investigation [17/11/2019 - Tonga]
- News : Hopes pinned on Constitution to sway Cook Islands Parliamentary select committee decision on same sex ban [17/11/2019 - Cook Islands]
- News : Fiji PM tells Opposition to move on from the past, Opposition leader called on PM to resign [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Marshall Islands election may be focus for U.S-China competition [17/11/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Agreement will see postal voting returned after Monday’s election in Marshall Islands [17/11/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Fiji PM urges families to get their children vaccinated [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : This derelict mine caused a bloody war. Now Aussie companies are fighting over it again [17/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : New A350 Airbus will create opportunities for Fijians says AG [17/11/2019 - France]
- Business News : US$100m demand for gas project [17/11/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Three years after same-sex marriages were legalised in the Northern Marianas, Saipan Mayor's Office say that they have topped heterosexual marriages on the island.
The figures are based on the marriage licenses issued by the municipality.
From January through September 2018, the mayor's office conducted a total of 96 same-sex marriages, 59 of which were female and 37 male.
Within the same span, the office recorded only 31 heterosexual marriages.
Same-sex marriages outnumbering heterosexual, or marriages between the opposite sex, have been a trend on Saipan the past couple of years since 2015 when the U.S. Supreme Court made it legal.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media