- Sports News : Pacific Games Council welcomes CNMI U-turn [24/05/2019 - Northern Mariana Islands]
- Sports News : PNG Rugby League naming rights sponsor terminated [24/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Hooked on tuna [24/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Samoa to host signing ceremony for post-2020 ACP-EU Treaty [24/05/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : SINPF buys 15% shares in PNG-based Loloata Island Resort [24/05/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Papua New Guinea PM denies Australian citizenship claims [24/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : FSM President hold high level meetings in Washington to discuss Compact provisions [24/05/2019 - Micronesia, Federated States of]
- News : Wamytan elected as New Caledonia Congress president [24/05/2019 - New Caledonia]
- Sports News : Fiji and Samoa join World Rugby Council meeting in Dublin [23/05/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Sports News : Athletics PNG names Samoa Pacific Games Squad [23/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : U.S assures FSM, Marshall Islands and Palau it will defend them against outside threats [23/05/2019 - United States]
- News : Work on Niue’s new parliament stalled over land lease issues and court injunction by Opposition MP [23/05/2019 - Niue]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat has congratulated Dr Manumatavai Tupou-Roosen on being appointed the next Director General of the Forum Fisheries Agency.
Speaking from the Cook Islands, Secretary General Dame Meg Taylor said “I am very proud that a daughter of the Blue Pacific has been appointed Director General. The Forum Fisheries Agency plays an extremely important leadership role for our fisheries, one of the most important resources for our people.”
“Dr Tupou-Roosen brings great knowledge, experience and professionalism to this very important position and my colleagues and I at the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat and across the Council of Regional Agencies in the Pacific stand ready to work with her and her team into the future.”
“I would like to congratulate the Fisheries Ministers of the Forum Fisheries Agency for expressing their confidence in Dr Tupou-Roosen and for recognising her dedication and excellence to the industry. I have to say that I am also extremely proud of the fact that another woman is sitting in a key leadership position within the region. This announcement is a very positive one for the Pacific.”
The appointment of Dr Tupou-Roosen was made during the fifteenth annual session of the Forum Fisheries Committee Ministers Meeting which has been taking place this week in Rarotonga, Cook Islands.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media