- Voices : Passion for providing a voice for Pacific [20/01/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : Climate change is 'no laughing matter', Fiji's PM Frank Bainimarama tells Australia during Scott Morrison's Pacific trip [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Bainimarama commends Australian counterpart for historic visit [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Stage set for referendum on Bougainville's future [18/01/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Why are we contemplating saddling the Pacific with more debt? [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Morrison’s Vanuatu trip shows the government’s continued focus on militarising the Pacific [18/01/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Sports News : NRL teams to play trial matches in Pacific nations [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Affordable, Faster Connectivity for Tuvalu [18/01/2019 - Tuvalu]
- Business News : Samoa Airways signs new Boeing deal [16/01/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : Dubai Chamber hosts Kiribati President in effort to boost bilateral ties [16/01/2019 - United Arab Emirates]
- Business News : More features on ANZ Pacific App announced [16/01/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tere-Apisah eyes Fed Cup [16/01/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat has congratulated Dr Manumatavai Tupou-Roosen on being appointed the next Director General of the Forum Fisheries Agency.
Speaking from the Cook Islands, Secretary General Dame Meg Taylor said “I am very proud that a daughter of the Blue Pacific has been appointed Director General. The Forum Fisheries Agency plays an extremely important leadership role for our fisheries, one of the most important resources for our people.”
“Dr Tupou-Roosen brings great knowledge, experience and professionalism to this very important position and my colleagues and I at the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat and across the Council of Regional Agencies in the Pacific stand ready to work with her and her team into the future.”
“I would like to congratulate the Fisheries Ministers of the Forum Fisheries Agency for expressing their confidence in Dr Tupou-Roosen and for recognising her dedication and excellence to the industry. I have to say that I am also extremely proud of the fact that another woman is sitting in a key leadership position within the region. This announcement is a very positive one for the Pacific.”
The appointment of Dr Tupou-Roosen was made during the fifteenth annual session of the Forum Fisheries Committee Ministers Meeting which has been taking place this week in Rarotonga, Cook Islands.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media