- Sports News : Fiji crowned champions in London [26/05/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Sports News : Fiji with England, Ireland and Argentina in Paris [26/05/2019 - United Kingdom]
- News Feature : Health ministers focus on the needs of the most vulnerable [26/05/2019 - Switzerland]
- News Feature : Torres Strait Islanders ask UN to hold Australia to account on climate ‘human rights abuses [26/05/2019 - Australia]
- Business News : Cook Islands targets gold standard for tuna products [26/05/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : Faleolo International Airport uses first aerobridge [26/05/2019 - Samoa]
- News : PM O’Neill announces nomination of Sir Julius Chan as next PM [26/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : France acknowledges Polynesian islands 'strong-armed' into dangerous nuclear tests [26/05/2019 - France]
- News Feature : Logging ravaging the Solomon Islands' forests [26/05/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : The forgotten people in Australia’s regional settlement policy are Pacific Islander residents [26/05/2019 - Australia]
- News Feature : New website for Cook Islands Met Service [26/05/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : Air Service Agreement tops China agenda: Vanuatu PM [26/05/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
With many high profile government officials all over the world expected to participate in Palau’s hosting of Our Ocean Conference next year, Palau has requested the United States government to assist with the security arrangements for the event.
Justice Minister and Vice President Raynold Oilouch told Island Times in an interview that Palau alone will not be able to handle the security for the event, hence, prompting the country to ask for assistance from the US.
Oilouch said that the security for the Our Ocean Conference will be one of the main topics to be discussed in the Mid-Joint Committee Meeting (JCM) with the US officials scheduled early May.
“We are very much aware that many heads of governments will be coming to Palau and we want to make sure that the security is adequate and that everyone is safe while the conference is going on,” Oilouch said.
The Our Ocean Conference is an event that focuses on generating commitments in the protection and preservation of the oceans. It is participated by various stakeholders from across the globe.
SOURCE: ISLAND TIMES/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media