- News Feature : 9.7 billion on Earth by 2050, but growth rate slowing, says new UN population report [17/06/2019 - Switzerland]
- Business News : Papua LNG gas agreement to be reviewed, must focus on people, says Minister Kua [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Fiji budget will not reduce the cost of living: Opposition MP Tikoduadua [17/06/2019 - Fiji]
- News : UN oceans treaty ‘essential’ to combat ‘unprecedented pressure’ on the world’s seas – UN chief [17/06/2019 - United States]
- News : Tonga's PM 'Akilisi Pohiva unlikely to finish his term [17/06/2019 - Tonga]
- News : 0ver 1000 Bougainvilleans register for referendum during celebrations in Port Moresby [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Cook Islands MPs to sit more days each year [17/06/2019 - Cook Islands]
- News : Taskforce to assess Solomons' relationship with China and Taiwan [17/06/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Victory [17/06/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Commonwealth Blue Charter champions to convene in London [16/06/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Business News : Fiji Opposition leader claims national budget will hurt the poor [16/06/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Cook Islands Government exploits final hours of Parliament to pass Seabed Minerals Bill [16/06/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
French Polynesia’s assembly has approved a no confidence motion to oust the coalition government of Oscar Temaru formed last April.
The motion, which was supported by 29 members in the 57-strong assembly, has returned Gaston Tong Sang to the presidency from which he had resigned in February.
The motion had the support of the opposition Tahoeraa Huiraatira, a number of outer island MPs and Mr Tong Sang’s To Tatou Aia.
He is now to form the territory’s fifth government since last year’s early general election.
The change of administration comes amid deepening economic problems and disagreements over how to finalise the budget
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media