- Voices : Passion for providing a voice for Pacific [20/01/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : Climate change is 'no laughing matter', Fiji's PM Frank Bainimarama tells Australia during Scott Morrison's Pacific trip [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Bainimarama commends Australian counterpart for historic visit [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Stage set for referendum on Bougainville's future [18/01/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Why are we contemplating saddling the Pacific with more debt? [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Morrison’s Vanuatu trip shows the government’s continued focus on militarising the Pacific [18/01/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Sports News : NRL teams to play trial matches in Pacific nations [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Affordable, Faster Connectivity for Tuvalu [18/01/2019 - Tuvalu]
- Business News : Samoa Airways signs new Boeing deal [16/01/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : Dubai Chamber hosts Kiribati President in effort to boost bilateral ties [16/01/2019 - United Arab Emirates]
- Business News : More features on ANZ Pacific App announced [16/01/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tere-Apisah eyes Fed Cup [16/01/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fijian Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama held a summit meeting with the Prime Minister of Japan, Shinzo Abe during the Fiji-Japan Bilateral Summit Wednesday in Tokyo, Japan.
The Japanese PM hosted the summit where Bainimarama inspected the Guard of Honour ceremony upon his arrival after which the leaders held the summit meeting following a joint press conference.
Japanese Ambassador to Fiji, Masahiro Omura introduced Fiji’s delegation to the Pacific Islands Leaders Meeting (PALM8) in Iwaki, Fukushima, to Prime Minister Abe.
The Fijian delegation also attended the banquet dinner hosted by Prime Minister Abe at his residence.
The Fijian Head of Government will be attending the PALM8 on Friday and is accompanied by the Minister for Industry, Trade and Tourism, Faiyaz Siddiq Koya.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media