- News : Pacific Ministers remember Marshallese Climate advocate [17/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Pacific CSOs issue call for peace and solidarity with Guam [17/08/2017 - Fiji]
- News : French Polynesia takes further step towards Forum membership [17/08/2017 - French Polynesia]
- News : Voters head to the polls in Cook Islands by-election [17/08/2017 - Cook Islands]
- News : Axed Solomon Islands minister speaks out [17/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : US airbase on Guam ready for Trump order to fight North Korea [17/08/2017 - Guam]
- News : Robust science critical in climate change projects in the region: GCF [17/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : More Pacific consciousness needed: Australian Ambassador for Environment [17/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Kiribati needs COSPPac services – Met Director [17/08/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Two children in Fiji die from dengue [17/08/2017 - Fiji]
- News : Call-out for security in Enga, SHP [17/08/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : 2019 Pacific Games evaluation visit to Samoa completed [16/08/2017 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Solomon Islands' first European bank will open its doors in Honiara on Friday.
The French BRED Bank was given the go ahead this week by the governor of the Central Bank of Solomon Islands Denton Rarawa.
Rarawa issued the letter of approval on Monday after a final inspection of the bank's premises and banking chamber.
BRED bank's venture into Solomon Islands' fills a gap left by Westpac when it was sold to Bank South Pacific in 2015.
It becomes the fourth commercial bank in Solomon Islands alongside the long established ANZ and domestically incorporated Pan Oceanic Bank.
Rarawa said BRED Bank's entry into the local market would improve the banking options available to businesses and individuals.
BRED Bank's other operations in the Pacific are in New Caledonia, Tahiti, Wallis and Futuna, Vanuatu and Fiji.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media