- Sports News : Fiji and Samoa join World Rugby Council meeting in Dublin [23/05/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Sports News : Athletics PNG names Samoa Pacific Games Squad [23/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : U.S assures FSM, Marshall Islands and Palau it will defend them against outside threats [23/05/2019 - United States]
- News : Work on Niue’s new parliament stalled over land lease issues and court injunction by Opposition MP [23/05/2019 - Niue]
- News : Fiji and EU committed to strengthening relations [23/05/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Tourism on the rise in Papua New Guinea [23/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : President says Marshall Islands facing pressure from China [23/05/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Cook Islands and New Zealand to hold 7th Joint Ministerial Forum in Aitutaki [23/05/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Sports News : PNG to support Solomon Islands bid for 2023 Pacific Games [22/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Fiji's World Cup preparations dealt a blow as coach cut from staff [22/05/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Development of women in rugby is the single greatest opportunity for our sport to grow in the next decade' [22/05/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Trump meets Pacific islands leaders to boost U.S ties [22/05/2019 - United States]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Pacific weightlifters in action in Beijing
Minginfel is a world class lifter, he won silver at the 2006 World Cup, and has represented the Federated States of Micronesia at the Commonwealth Games and World championships.
He's the Oceania and Pacific champion.
And Solomon Islands Pacific Games champion Wendy Hale will compete in the women's 58 kg category.
The fifth and sixth gold medals of the judo competition will be up for grabs today, in the men's 73kg and women's 57kg.
Italy is expected to dominate women's individual foil in Beijing's fencing competition, to capture three straight Olympic victories in this event.
South Korea will look for heir third gold medal in as many Olympics in the men's competition, a day after the women's team set a new world record on their way to sweeping their sixth consecutive Olympics gold.
The USA should continue their domination in the pool, they set three new world records yesterday.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media