- Business News : Fiji accedes to the agreement on port state measures [14/02/2019 - Italy]
- Sports News : Tahiti concerned about Pacific Games accommodation [14/02/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : A rising China and the future of the “Blue Pacific” [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : $503.73 million in remittances top Samoa foreign exchange earner [14/02/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : Vanuatu export breakthrough to New Caledonia [14/02/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : PINA head cites importance of content sharing [14/02/2019 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Pacific Islands government should consider seabed mining impacts [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Beijing intensifies lobbying of Pacific nations to recognise Taiwan as part of One China [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : American Samoa, Guam, Samoa added to EU blacklist, Vanuatu removed [14/02/2019 - Luxembourg]
- News : TSI: money the focus of elections, Police arrest a man in Honiara for alleged electoral offence [14/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Fiji Immigration will extend or renew expiring passports to another 10 years [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Solomon Islands election chief appeals to citizen not to break the law [14/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Pacific weightlifters in action in Beijing
Minginfel is a world class lifter, he won silver at the 2006 World Cup, and has represented the Federated States of Micronesia at the Commonwealth Games and World championships.
He's the Oceania and Pacific champion.
And Solomon Islands Pacific Games champion Wendy Hale will compete in the women's 58 kg category.
The fifth and sixth gold medals of the judo competition will be up for grabs today, in the men's 73kg and women's 57kg.
Italy is expected to dominate women's individual foil in Beijing's fencing competition, to capture three straight Olympic victories in this event.
South Korea will look for heir third gold medal in as many Olympics in the men's competition, a day after the women's team set a new world record on their way to sweeping their sixth consecutive Olympics gold.
The USA should continue their domination in the pool, they set three new world records yesterday.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media