- News : Victory [20/09/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Kiribati switches recognition to China, Taiwan loses second Pacific ally in a week [20/09/2019 - Taiwan]
- Business News : ADB chief resigns mid-term [19/09/2019 - Philippines]
- News : ACP SG calls climate change "the most significant challenge to achieving sustainable development" at UN Meeting on on Climate Action and Trade [19/09/2019 - Switzerland]
- Business News : Commonwealth helps developing countries bank millions for climate action [19/09/2019 - United Kingdom]
- News : Kiribati Opposition claims government server diplomatic ties with Taiwan in favour of China [19/09/2019 - Kiribati]
- News : Australia says it respects Solomon Islands decision to switch to China [19/09/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Vanuatu Speaker's case adjourned [19/09/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Solomon Islands CSOs: rush to switch arrogant, undemocratic [19/09/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- Sports News : Rugby World Cup highlights 'climate injustice' [19/09/2019 - Japan]
- Sports News : Fying Fijians captain Waqaniburotu confident with side to face the Wallabies [19/09/2019 - Japan]
- Sports News : Radradra in shock Fiji switch as Cheika explains 'Pooper' return [19/09/2019 - Japan]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Vanuatu Hockey Federation will be hosting the ‘World Series Round One’ of Hockey in Port Vila, at Wan Smol Bag Sports Field on August 15-18.
The Vanuatu Hockey Federation says participating countries are Fiji, Tonga, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu and the event will feature seniors and Vanuatu’s Under 18 national team.
Hockey Development Officer, Todd Kitto says this is an opportunity for Vanuatu players to show their hockey talent in the home crowd.
“Since Vanuatu is hosting the event, we see it as an opportunity for our Under 18 to take part as preparation towards their participation in the Youth Olympic in October in Argentina, though it’s a seniors competition,” Kitto stated.
Kitto said there will be 10 teams of both men and women taking part in the event.
He said “Points in the tournament will be taken to match up with the world ranking points for each of the teams and we are looking forward and inviting everyone to come down to Wan Smol Bag to watch the tournament.
“In the lunch break, each day we will run U15 boys and girls matches open to public to play,” he concluded.
Other than that, all entrance fees to the game venue which is located inside the Wan Smol Bag Sports field located at Tagabe in Port Vila, it is free to the public.
Vanuatu is one of the younger members of Oceania Hockey Federation but has had significant growth in participation numbers and programmes as a result of the partnership with Oceania Hockey Federation, FIH, Australian Hockey Federation and the Australian Government through their Pacific Sport Partnership programme.
SOURCE: LOOP VANUATU/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media