- News : 10 former Vanuatu MPs free on parole [27/04/2017 - Vanuatu]
- News : Pacific Islands Forum to Observe the 2017 Niue Election [27/04/2017 - Niue]
- News : Trade guide shines light on bad deal: PANG [27/04/2017 - Fiji]
- News : Big gains for Pacific countries in PACER Plus - Kessie [27/04/2017 - Vanuatu]
- News : Fekita thanks Pacific support as she prepares to take up her UN role [27/04/2017 - Tonga]
- News : Biman 'removed' as shadow minister for Economy [27/04/2017 - Fiji]
- News : 2614 candidates to contest PNG election [27/04/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Kiribati Environment Minister abused power: Anti-Corruption Committee [27/04/2017 - Kiribati]
- News : Dengue fever outbreak in Nauru hits 10 per cent of asylum seekers [27/04/2017 - Nauru]
- News : New Caledonia's Gomes backs Macron, Temaru hails low voter turnout in Tahiti [27/04/2017 - New Caledonia]
- News : Samoa tops Pacific in press freedom index [26/04/2017 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Olympic gold-winning coach Ben Ryan joins board of Pacific Rugby Players Welfare [26/04/2017 - United Kingdom]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Papua New Guinea caretaker Prime Minister Peter O’Neill has announced candidates to run under his People’s National Congress Party in Nipa Southern Highlands.
O’Neill said his candidates for the five seats in Southern Highlands, Hela and Enga provinces would lay the foundation for the new Government in August.
He said the candidates are William Powi for Southern Highlands Regional, Francis Awesa for Imbonggu, James Lagea for Kagua-Erave, Jeffery Komal for Nipa-Kutubu and himself for Ialibu-Pangia.
In Hela Province the PNC will endorse Philip Undialu for the Regional seat, Isaac Matiabe for Koroba-Kopiago, James Marape for Tari-Pori, and Edward Alina for Komo-Margarima while Francis Potape will run as a pro-PNG independent.
The Prime Minister said Governor Sir Peter Ipatas will re-contest the Enga Regional seat, John Pundari for Kompiam-Ambum, Miki Kaiko for Wapenamanda, Alfred Manase for Kandep and Nelson Piari for Lagaip-Porgera.
Moresby Northwest MP Michael Malabag.
O’Neill said the team was the base and foundation for him to form the Government for another five-year term….
SOURCE: POST COURIER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media