- News Feature : HELPEM FREN: Just another point of view [27/06/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : PNG Media Council to get legal opinion on cybercrime act [26/06/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Keeping Australia safe through police-led diplomacy [26/06/2017 - Australia]
- Business News : No quick fixes’ to Pacific Tourism’s e-commerce challenges – We need to work together [26/06/2017 - Fiji]
- News : Vote suspended in PNG capital as three returning officers are detained [26/06/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Solomons PM says RAMSI partnership a regional success [26/06/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Fijian patrol boat training in Tasmania [26/06/2017 - Australia]
- News : WHO estimates 2 million deaths for physical inactivity [26/06/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : RAMSI hailed a success for regional partnership as final Enhanced Consultative Meeting held in Solomon Islands [26/06/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : Trump order that could shrink California and Pacific Ocean marine sanctuaries moves forward [26/06/2017 - United States]
- Business News : Duty-free access good news: Fiji Trade Minister [26/06/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : Bluesky sale on track [26/06/2017 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Papua New Guinea caretaker Prime Minister Peter O’Neill has announced candidates to run under his People’s National Congress Party in Nipa Southern Highlands.
O’Neill said his candidates for the five seats in Southern Highlands, Hela and Enga provinces would lay the foundation for the new Government in August.
He said the candidates are William Powi for Southern Highlands Regional, Francis Awesa for Imbonggu, James Lagea for Kagua-Erave, Jeffery Komal for Nipa-Kutubu and himself for Ialibu-Pangia.
In Hela Province the PNC will endorse Philip Undialu for the Regional seat, Isaac Matiabe for Koroba-Kopiago, James Marape for Tari-Pori, and Edward Alina for Komo-Margarima while Francis Potape will run as a pro-PNG independent.
The Prime Minister said Governor Sir Peter Ipatas will re-contest the Enga Regional seat, John Pundari for Kompiam-Ambum, Miki Kaiko for Wapenamanda, Alfred Manase for Kandep and Nelson Piari for Lagaip-Porgera.
Moresby Northwest MP Michael Malabag.
O’Neill said the team was the base and foundation for him to form the Government for another five-year term….
SOURCE: POST COURIER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media