- News : Victory [24/08/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- Sports News : Wallabies World cup squad named [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : ONOC praise Tokyo 2020 as Chef de Mission Seminar concludes [22/08/2019 - Japan]
- Sports News : Heat mitigation top of the agenda at Tokyo 2020 seminar [22/08/2019 - Japan]
- Business News : Additional $3 million in funding to flow from the Nauru Phosphate Royalties Trust [22/08/2019 - Nauru]
- Business News : Fiji National Provident Fund buys 20 percent EFL shares worth $220m [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : China Pacific Tourism Year Initiative gains momentum [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific Forum chief 'positive' on Tuvalu summit outcome [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific countries push for their rights as stewards of the ocean to reflected in new global BBNJ treaty [22/08/2019 - United States]
- News : FSM calls for respect for sovereignty in BBNJ treaty [22/08/2019 - United States]
- News : Women must come to the fore of peace and security: Samoa PM [22/08/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : We need to challenge climate change doubters before itís too late [22/08/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Solomon Islands newly elected Governor General, Reverend David Vunagi was officially sworn in Monday.
Reverend Vunagi took his oath Chief Justice Sir Albert Rocky Pama during country’s 41st independence Anniversary celebration at Lawson Tama. He will serve in office for five years.
Prior to this, the Attorney General Gilbert John Osmond Muria Junior prescribed the official appointment and the Royal Commission of our new Governor General effective on 07 July 2019.
Reverend Vunagi becomes the country’s seventh head of state, and the first from Isabel Province.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media