- Sports News : Pools confirmed for Womens Rugby World Cup 2021 [20/11/2020 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Fijians selected for employment opportunities under the Australian Pacific Labour scheme [20/11/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : How to craft a strong WTO deal on fishing subsidies [20/11/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Public concern as Covid-19 uncertainty hits Samoa [20/11/2020 - Samoa]
- News : Climate crisis: ‘Nowhere near the finish line’ – UN chief [20/11/2020 - United States]
- News : Future of an entire generation at risk, as COVID-19 pandemic drags on [20/11/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Samoa suspected positive COVID19 swap samples heading to NZ [20/11/2020 - Samoa]
- News : PNG political instability must not dissuade ABG Government in the Post Referendum consultations: President Toroama [20/11/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji AG on ‘bomb’ probe – ‘Let due process take its course’ [20/11/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Munster smash: Cameron inspires upset win over Blues 20 -14 to clinch State of Origin series [19/11/2020 - Australia]
- Sports News : Fiji Rugby Union accepts ‘harsh’ decision [19/11/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Groundbreaking study examines cost-benefit of workplace responses to gender-based violence in PNG [19/11/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A 66-year-old man is the first COVID-19 related death in Fiji.
The man died at the Lautoka Hospital Thursday, where he was in isolation.
He was the Fiji’s first border quarantine case of COVID-19.
The man had returned to Fiji from India after receiving surgical treatment for long standing cardiac condition.
Health Minister Dr Ifereimi Waqainabete says despite the best efforts of our health care professionals the man passed away due to complications from COVID-19.
Dr Waqainabete says the Ministry has expressed its condolences directly to the man’s family who they have been in contact with since his diagnosis.
The Minister stressed that it is important to note that the deceased contracted the virus while in India which is in the midst of large scale outbreak of COVID-19.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media