- News : . [16/08/2019 - Kiribati]
- Business News : South Pacific Tourism Organisation welcomes Tokelau into the SPTO family [15/08/2019 - Tokelau]
- News : Fiji PM calls for urgent need for the world to step up its response to climate threat [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : Vanuatu did not endorse Tuvalu declaration on climate change and survival of Smaller Island States [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : Forum marathon reveals tensions over climate policy [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : China sides with Pacific islands on climate [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : Australia puts economy over climate: Tuvalu [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- Sports News : Flying Fijians squad for 2019 Rugby World Cup named [15/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : New Manu Samoa players included, some opt out ahead of World Cup [15/08/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tonga in good shape for World Cup [15/08/2019 - Tonga]
- News : Pacific leaders call for human rights action by Indonesia [15/08/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News Feature : China and allies challenge UN chief’s climate vision [15/08/2019 - Brazil]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji's foreign Affairs secretary has resigned.
The Public Service Commission (PSC) has accepted the resignation of the Permanent Secretary for Foreign Affairs, Ioane Naivalurua.
Naivalurua has decided to retire from public service and has accordingly tendered his resignation from his current position as Permanent Secretary, Foreign Affairs with effect from 09 September 2019. This follows a long and distinguished career in the disciplined forces and as an Ambassador in the Fijian Foreign Service.
"On behalf of my fellow Commissioners and myself, I thank Naivalurua for his commitment and contribution to Fiji over the years and wish him a long and happy retirement.
With the agreement of the Prime Minister, the PSC has appointed Yogesh Karan, Permanent Secretary for Office of the Prime Minister, Ministry of Sugar and Immigration to also act as the Permanent Secretary for Foreign Affairs until a permanent replacement has been found. Karan’s appointment becomes effective from 12 August 2019 as Naivalurua proceeds on leave prior to retirement," said PSC chairman Vishnu Mohan in a statement.
SOURCE: FIJI GOIVT/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media