- News : 10 former Vanuatu MPs free on parole [27/04/2017 - Vanuatu]
- News : Pacific Islands Forum to Observe the 2017 Niue Election [27/04/2017 - Niue]
- News : Trade guide shines light on bad deal: PANG [27/04/2017 - Fiji]
- News : Big gains for Pacific countries in PACER Plus - Kessie [27/04/2017 - Vanuatu]
- News : Fekita thanks Pacific support as she prepares to take up her UN role [27/04/2017 - Tonga]
- News : Biman 'removed' as shadow minister for Economy [27/04/2017 - Fiji]
- News : 2614 candidates to contest PNG election [27/04/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Kiribati Environment Minister abused power: Anti-Corruption Committee [27/04/2017 - Kiribati]
- News : Dengue fever outbreak in Nauru hits 10 per cent of asylum seekers [27/04/2017 - Nauru]
- News : New Caledonia's Gomes backs Macron, Temaru hails low voter turnout in Tahiti [27/04/2017 - New Caledonia]
- News : Samoa tops Pacific in press freedom index [26/04/2017 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Olympic gold-winning coach Ben Ryan joins board of Pacific Rugby Players Welfare [26/04/2017 - United Kingdom]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Hundreds of households in New Caledonia are still without power, a week after Cyclone Cook crossed the main island.
The category 3 system, which claimed one life, damaged the electricity grid in the middle of Grand Terre when it crossed the mountainous main island with winds of up to 180 kilometres.
Teams have been out over Easter to reconnect homes in the Boulouparis and La Foa areas on the west coast and around Poindimie and Thio on the eastern side of the island.
A former president and now parliamentarian in France, Philippe Gomes, called on the French High Commission to declare a state of natural disaster in the worst hit areas.
Cyclone Cook caused extensive damage to crops prompting the government to call a meeting for tomorrow to finalise plans to assist farmers who face months without income.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media