- Business News : Samoan Finance Minister says Polynesian Airlines must have strong business case [25/05/2017 - Samoa]
- Business News : PNG Government rejects 5pc tax [25/05/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Plans to improve PNG fisheries sector underway [25/05/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : UN Sasakawa Award honours efforts to curb disaster deaths [25/05/2017 - Mexico]
- News : Businesses in Fiji work on disaster resilience [25/05/2017 - Mexico]
- News : Strategies key to Sendai progress [25/05/2017 - Mexico]
- News : Fiji rapist, killer jailed for 30 years [25/05/2017 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Kangaroos to face Fiji and PNG in Suva [25/05/2017 - Australia]
- News Feature : G7 leaders walk fine line between Trump and Paris deal [25/05/2017 - Italy]
- News Feature : 'I donít take orders from the chief justice': How Nauru ousted its judicial leaders [25/05/2017 - Nauru]
- Business News : $15m tax evasion in Fiji [25/05/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : $202m for Fiji Sugar Corporation [25/05/2017 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Nau elected new Wallis and Futuna assembly presidentThe assembly of the French territory of Wallis and Futuna has elected Vetelino Nau as its new president, marking the first time a Socialist has been chosen to the position.
Nau, who is a retired teacher from Alo on Futuna, won 11 of the assembly’s 20 votes and succeeds Pesamino Taputai.
The assembly’s new vice-president is Mikaele Kulimoetoke.
The changes follow last month’s territorial elections which saw a generational change in the leadership, with among others Victor Brial failing to be re-elected.
Brial is also a former member of the French national assembly.
Most read Kiribati private business buys Tuvaluís Nivaga II to operate in Kiribati Kiribati private business buys Tuvaluís Nivaga II to operate in Kiribati Influx of foreigners into PNG lead to top government official suspended UN conference turns spotlight on Fijiís women weather watch network Early warning where there is no internet Ben Frame board blames impasse for PNG Pukpuks fall-out PNG police chief blasted over Indonesian training idea Look North Policy aided Fiji: Ratu Inoke
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media