- Sports News : Biggest Pacific Games team ever for Cook Islands [18/04/2019 - Cook Islands]
- News Feature : Follow the money: how foreign aid spending tells of Pacific priorities [18/04/2019 - Australia]
- Business News : Cook Islands Finance Minister rejects more cash for Agriculture [18/04/2019 - Cook Islands]
- News : Vanuatu Police chief sacked [18/04/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Nauru former president regrets signing offshore processing deal with Julia Gillard [18/04/2019 - Australia]
- News : Prince William to visit Christchurch terror attack survivors next week [18/04/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Captains set for HSBC Kitakyushu Sevens in Japan [18/04/2019 - Japan]
- Sports News : Draw for U-16 & U-19 Women's championships complete [18/04/2019 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : Stress, overtime, disease, contribute to 2.8 million workers’ deaths per year, reports UN labour agency [18/04/2019 - Switzerland]
- Business News : Fijian government commences national minimum wage and wages regulation review [18/04/2019 - Fiji]
- News : PNG PM O’Neill accepts resignation of Attorney General Davis Stevens [18/04/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Wale and Sogavare the two candidates confirmed for Solomon Islands prime ministerial election [18/04/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Front Page Limited (FPL), publishers of the regional Islands Business magazine, has entered into an agreement to purchase the online news service, Newswire Fiji.
Under the deal finalised in Suva today, FPL would take over operational control of Newswire immediately while both parties work to complete regulatory requirements within the next thirty days.
“We believe digital news is the future and are excited to get a credible product known for timely, relevant and independent news content. This is an ideal opportunity to expand our footprint,” said Netani Rika, FPL’s director.
“The immediate goal is to provide free and fair coverage about the impending elections and further down we are looking at rolling out similar products in the region.”
Newswire Fiji co-founder Calvin Prasad said the deal would allow FPL to leverage Newswire’s cutting-edge distribution channels.
“We are pleased Newswire has found a good home and am confident that under FPL’s capable leadership, it will soon become a major player within the Fijian media landscape.”
FPL is a Fiji-based company formed in 2014 after taking over Island Business International, a premier publishing group in the Oceania region for over thirty years.
Owned by Fijian journalists, FPL publishes the news and current affairs magazine Island Business, the travel publication Discover Fiji, and the Solomon Airlines in-flight magazine.
Newswire Fiji is an online news service founded in 2016 by Calvin Prasad and Verleshwar Singh and publishes news stories for the web, social media, email, and mobile.
SOURCE: ISLANDS BUSINESS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media