- News Feature : 9.7 billion on Earth by 2050, but growth rate slowing, says new UN population report [17/06/2019 - Switzerland]
- Business News : Papua LNG gas agreement to be reviewed, must focus on people, says Minister Kua [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Fiji budget will not reduce the cost of living: Opposition MP Tikoduadua [17/06/2019 - Fiji]
- News : UN oceans treaty ‘essential’ to combat ‘unprecedented pressure’ on the world’s seas – UN chief [17/06/2019 - United States]
- News : Tonga's PM 'Akilisi Pohiva unlikely to finish his term [17/06/2019 - Tonga]
- News : 0ver 1000 Bougainvilleans register for referendum during celebrations in Port Moresby [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Cook Islands MPs to sit more days each year [17/06/2019 - Cook Islands]
- News : Taskforce to assess Solomons' relationship with China and Taiwan [17/06/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Victory [17/06/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Commonwealth Blue Charter champions to convene in London [16/06/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Business News : Fiji Opposition leader claims national budget will hurt the poor [16/06/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Cook Islands Government exploits final hours of Parliament to pass Seabed Minerals Bill [16/06/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Front Page Limited (FPL), publishers of the regional Islands Business magazine, has entered into an agreement to purchase the online news service, Newswire Fiji.
Under the deal finalised in Suva today, FPL would take over operational control of Newswire immediately while both parties work to complete regulatory requirements within the next thirty days.
“We believe digital news is the future and are excited to get a credible product known for timely, relevant and independent news content. This is an ideal opportunity to expand our footprint,” said Netani Rika, FPL’s director.
“The immediate goal is to provide free and fair coverage about the impending elections and further down we are looking at rolling out similar products in the region.”
Newswire Fiji co-founder Calvin Prasad said the deal would allow FPL to leverage Newswire’s cutting-edge distribution channels.
“We are pleased Newswire has found a good home and am confident that under FPL’s capable leadership, it will soon become a major player within the Fijian media landscape.”
FPL is a Fiji-based company formed in 2014 after taking over Island Business International, a premier publishing group in the Oceania region for over thirty years.
Owned by Fijian journalists, FPL publishes the news and current affairs magazine Island Business, the travel publication Discover Fiji, and the Solomon Airlines in-flight magazine.
Newswire Fiji is an online news service founded in 2016 by Calvin Prasad and Verleshwar Singh and publishes news stories for the web, social media, email, and mobile.
SOURCE: ISLANDS BUSINESS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media