- Voices : Govt’s Diaspora Unit in the limelight for all the right reasons [12/12/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tahiti to host 2024 Olympic surfing competition [12/12/2019 - French Polynesia]
- Sports News : Jerry Tuwai to play his 50th tournament for Fiji at the Cape Town 7s [12/12/2019 - Fiji]
- News : U.S federal court ruling gives American Samoans citizenship [12/12/2019 - United States]
- News : Writs from Bougainville referendum returned to PNG vice-regal, PM Marape in Arawa [12/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Shipwrecks and Scars on Seafloor from Atomic Bomb Tests at Bikini Atoll Revealed by Scientists [12/12/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- Business News : Vocus completes $93m Coral Sea Cable System for Australian Government [12/12/2019 - Australia]
- News : U.S seeking further block on compensation for climate damage [12/12/2019 - Spain]
- News : MFAT confirms New Zealand as likely source of Samoa's measles epidemic [12/12/2019 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : Taiwan Pushed to the Sidelines as COP25 Climate Summit Concludes [12/12/2019 - Spain]
- Sports News : Ian Foster confirmed as new All Blacks coach on a two-year deal [12/12/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Hekari to host top Kiwi, New Caledonia, Vanuatu clubs [11/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Consistent with the outcome of the 2013 Forum Economic Ministers Meeting for recognizing the importance of Asian economic growth and development and to embrace the opportunities available to Forum Island Countries, the South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO), for the first time is leading the region’s participation at ITBA Asia in Singapore.
Held at the Suntec Convention and Exhibition Centre form the 23 - 25 October 2013, ITB Asia is seeing international exhibitors of all sectors of the travel-value chain,
Asia Pacific's leading travel companies and emerging small and medium-sized enterprises meet and discuss business opportunities with top international buyers from the MICE, Leisure and Corporate Travel markets.
This year marks the South Pacific inaugural participation at this event and countries represented in the South Pacific stand includes the Cook Islands, Samoa and Vanuatu.
In welcoming buyers to the South Pacific stand, SPTO Marketing Manager, Petero Manufolau reinforced the region’s commitment to strengthening its position in the Asian market, particularly in China and said that “the potential generated through favourable economic conditions in this part of the world presents the South Pacific with an opportunity to attract the affluent traveller market”.
He added “the South Pacific is an undiscovered haven for travellers seeking new and unique experiences and the direct connections from Singapore, Manila, Bali, Hong Kong, Seoul and Narita plays a very important role in facilitating the targeted growth from Asia.”
South Pacific participants at ITB Asia will also benefit from a series of workshops and forums organised to educate exhibitors on the latest global trends and marketing intelligence on selected emerging markets.
The event concluded on 25 October.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media