- Sports News : Methodist Church Faleula compound to accommodate XVI Pacific Games athletes [10/12/2018 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Q and A with Ambassador Luke Daunivalu, Fijiís Chief Negotiator at the UN Climate Change Conference [10/12/2018 - Poland]
- News Feature : The Talanoa Dialogue explained [10/12/2018 - Poland]
- Business News : United States joins Pacific regional infrastriucture facility [10/12/2018 - Australia]
- News : FFA support proposals by WCPFC to establish scientific management dialogue [10/12/2018 - United States]
- News : No coincidence that FSM, RMI lead the way in fisheries sustainability says Moss-Christian [10/12/2018 - United States]
- News : WCPFC Secretariat proposes new Science-Management dialogue to expedite sustainable fishing rules [10/12/2018 - United States]
- News : United States seeks increase in its tuna catch limit [10/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Pacific wins praise for new solidarity ahead of WCPFC meeting [10/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Nations to decide on critical Pacific tuna stocks this week [10/12/2018 - United States]
- News : A look inside one of Tongaís five major drug syndicates, as P ravages the kingdom [10/12/2018 - Tonga]
- News : UN talks offer helping hand to people uprooted by climate change [10/12/2018 - Poland]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Consistent with the outcome of the 2013 Forum Economic Ministers Meeting for recognizing the importance of Asian economic growth and development and to embrace the opportunities available to Forum Island Countries, the South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO), for the first time is leading the region’s participation at ITBA Asia in Singapore.
Held at the Suntec Convention and Exhibition Centre form the 23 - 25 October 2013, ITB Asia is seeing international exhibitors of all sectors of the travel-value chain,
Asia Pacific's leading travel companies and emerging small and medium-sized enterprises meet and discuss business opportunities with top international buyers from the MICE, Leisure and Corporate Travel markets.
This year marks the South Pacific inaugural participation at this event and countries represented in the South Pacific stand includes the Cook Islands, Samoa and Vanuatu.
In welcoming buyers to the South Pacific stand, SPTO Marketing Manager, Petero Manufolau reinforced the region’s commitment to strengthening its position in the Asian market, particularly in China and said that “the potential generated through favourable economic conditions in this part of the world presents the South Pacific with an opportunity to attract the affluent traveller market”.
He added “the South Pacific is an undiscovered haven for travellers seeking new and unique experiences and the direct connections from Singapore, Manila, Bali, Hong Kong, Seoul and Narita plays a very important role in facilitating the targeted growth from Asia.”
South Pacific participants at ITB Asia will also benefit from a series of workshops and forums organised to educate exhibitors on the latest global trends and marketing intelligence on selected emerging markets.
The event concluded on 25 October.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media