- News : UN Chief poses for Time cover off 'sinking Pacific Island nation' of Tuvalu [14/06/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Australia's attitude to China "patronising and unfair" - Fiame [14/06/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Tuvalu agrees to host Polynesian Leaders Group meeting in August [14/06/2019 - American Samoa]
- News Feature : Papua New Guinea's most divisive PM is gone – his successor must learn from his mistakes [14/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : New Zealand's first female vascular surgeon is smashing stereotypes [13/06/2019 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Samoa's seasonal workers - the triple win effect [13/06/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : South Pacific island progress linked to B&R dynamics [13/06/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Tickets for Samoa 2019 XVI Pacific Games on sale soon [12/06/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : How Dengue, a Deadly Mosquito-Borne Disease, Could Spread in a Warming World [12/06/2019 - United States]
- News Feature : Pacific Regional Workshop on Post Cotonou Negotiations Opens in Suva [12/06/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : New international airline for Tonga through Nauru partnership [12/06/2019 - Tonga]
- Business News : Legislation fix set to curb Illegal logging in Fiji [12/06/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Consistent with the outcome of the 2013 Forum Economic Ministers Meeting for recognizing the importance of Asian economic growth and development and to embrace the opportunities available to Forum Island Countries, the South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO), for the first time is leading the region’s participation at ITBA Asia in Singapore.
Held at the Suntec Convention and Exhibition Centre form the 23 - 25 October 2013, ITB Asia is seeing international exhibitors of all sectors of the travel-value chain,
Asia Pacific's leading travel companies and emerging small and medium-sized enterprises meet and discuss business opportunities with top international buyers from the MICE, Leisure and Corporate Travel markets.
This year marks the South Pacific inaugural participation at this event and countries represented in the South Pacific stand includes the Cook Islands, Samoa and Vanuatu.
In welcoming buyers to the South Pacific stand, SPTO Marketing Manager, Petero Manufolau reinforced the region’s commitment to strengthening its position in the Asian market, particularly in China and said that “the potential generated through favourable economic conditions in this part of the world presents the South Pacific with an opportunity to attract the affluent traveller market”.
He added “the South Pacific is an undiscovered haven for travellers seeking new and unique experiences and the direct connections from Singapore, Manila, Bali, Hong Kong, Seoul and Narita plays a very important role in facilitating the targeted growth from Asia.”
South Pacific participants at ITB Asia will also benefit from a series of workshops and forums organised to educate exhibitors on the latest global trends and marketing intelligence on selected emerging markets.
The event concluded on 25 October.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media