- News : Fii ready to facilitate commercial imports of PNG Ox & Palm corned beef [24/03/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Preparations for next Pacific Literacy and Numeracy Assessment underway [23/03/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : IUCN launches 2017 Energy Small Grants Programme [23/03/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : Tongan Government needs to find real solutions to the country's economic problems [23/03/2017 - Tonga]
- Business News : Fiji Airways, Tourism Fiji Enhance Partnership [23/03/2017 - Fiji]
- News : Melanesian nations question global responses to climate change [23/03/2017 - Australia]
- News : PNG Electoral Commissioner warns intending candidates to follow poll regulation [23/03/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Commonwealth calls for urgent agreement on harmful fishing subsidies [23/03/2017 - Switzerland]
- News Feature : OP-ED: The Role of Regionalism in Financing Development in the Pacific [23/03/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Not a pretty picture: the climate-change threat faced by a small island nation [23/03/2017 - Tuvalu]
- Business News : Tax change for foreign firms in Fiji [23/03/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : Sugarcane farmers' petition in Fiji disallowed [23/03/2017 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Consistent with the outcome of the 2013 Forum Economic Ministers Meeting for recognizing the importance of Asian economic growth and development and to embrace the opportunities available to Forum Island Countries, the South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO), for the first time is leading the region’s participation at ITBA Asia in Singapore.
Held at the Suntec Convention and Exhibition Centre form the 23 - 25 October 2013, ITB Asia is seeing international exhibitors of all sectors of the travel-value chain,
Asia Pacific's leading travel companies and emerging small and medium-sized enterprises meet and discuss business opportunities with top international buyers from the MICE, Leisure and Corporate Travel markets.
This year marks the South Pacific inaugural participation at this event and countries represented in the South Pacific stand includes the Cook Islands, Samoa and Vanuatu.
In welcoming buyers to the South Pacific stand, SPTO Marketing Manager, Petero Manufolau reinforced the region’s commitment to strengthening its position in the Asian market, particularly in China and said that “the potential generated through favourable economic conditions in this part of the world presents the South Pacific with an opportunity to attract the affluent traveller market”.
He added “the South Pacific is an undiscovered haven for travellers seeking new and unique experiences and the direct connections from Singapore, Manila, Bali, Hong Kong, Seoul and Narita plays a very important role in facilitating the targeted growth from Asia.”
South Pacific participants at ITB Asia will also benefit from a series of workshops and forums organised to educate exhibitors on the latest global trends and marketing intelligence on selected emerging markets.
The event concluded on 25 October.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media