- Sports News : Methodist Church Faleula compound to accommodate XVI Pacific Games athletes [10/12/2018 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Q and A with Ambassador Luke Daunivalu, Fijiís Chief Negotiator at the UN Climate Change Conference [10/12/2018 - Poland]
- News Feature : The Talanoa Dialogue explained [10/12/2018 - Poland]
- Business News : United States joins Pacific regional infrastriucture facility [10/12/2018 - Australia]
- News : FFA support proposals by WCPFC to establish scientific management dialogue [10/12/2018 - United States]
- News : No coincidence that FSM, RMI lead the way in fisheries sustainability says Moss-Christian [10/12/2018 - United States]
- News : WCPFC Secretariat proposes new Science-Management dialogue to expedite sustainable fishing rules [10/12/2018 - United States]
- News : United States seeks increase in its tuna catch limit [10/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Pacific wins praise for new solidarity ahead of WCPFC meeting [10/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Nations to decide on critical Pacific tuna stocks this week [10/12/2018 - United States]
- News : A look inside one of Tongaís five major drug syndicates, as P ravages the kingdom [10/12/2018 - Tonga]
- News : UN talks offer helping hand to people uprooted by climate change [10/12/2018 - Poland]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
It is with great sadness that the Office of the Governor General hereby informs the people of Papua New Guinea of the passing of Lady Hannah Dadae, wife of Governor General Grand Chief Sir Bob Dadae, reports the Post Courier newspaper.
Acting Official Secretary Bill Toraso confirmed that Lady Hannah passed away from a short illness on Tuesday this week in Brisbane, Australia.
Lady Dadae had been receiving medical treatment for the past three months when she succumbed to her illness.
Lady Dadae was a teacher by profession and had taught in schools throughout Morobe province for 29 years before retiring a few years ago.
After retirement, Lady Dadae became involved in charitable and Christian ministry which she continued to pursue when Grand Chief Sir Bob Dadae became the Governor General.
Lady Dadae was passionate about issues affecting women and children which she advocated and spoke passionately about throughout her travels with the Governor General.
Lady Dadae had been hosting Christian fellowship with female prisoners at Bomana Prison and had announced her intention to extend fellowship to female prisons throughout the country.
Lady Hannah Dadae comes from Garaina in Morobe Province. She was 53 years old. Lady Dadae is survived by Grand Chief Sir Bob Dadae and their five children.
The body of the late Lady Dadae will return to Port Moresby on Friday, 07 December accompanied by Governor General Grand Chief Sir Bob Dadae. Funeral arrangements will be announced soon after.
SOURCE: POST COURIER/PCNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media