- News Feature : Enduring Colonisation: How France’s continuing control of French Polynesian resources violates the International law of self-determination [18/06/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : A ‘vuvale’ partnership for the Pacific islands? [18/06/2019 - Australia]
- Business News : Two foreign fishing vessels abandoned in Solomon Islands reef without any investigation [18/06/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Fears Bougainville independence will open Pacific door for China [18/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Motion to remove PIDF allocation defeated in Fiji Parliament [18/06/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : World Rugby sets deadline for Nations Championship decision [18/06/2019 - Ireland]
- Sports News : Pacific Rugby Players Welfare fears strongly oppose World Rugby 'Nations cup' proposal [18/06/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Sports News : Fifita suspended for three games after NRL judiciary upholds dangerous contact grading [18/06/2019 - Australia]
- Sports News : Vanuatu Sports Minister Simeon announces Vt31 million athlete incentive [18/06/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News Feature : Over a million children in PNG to be vaccinated against measles- rubella and polio [18/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Fiji Airways awarded coverted skytrax 4- star ratings [18/06/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Samoa Agribusiness Support Project on the move [18/06/2019 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
It is with great sadness that the Office of the Governor General hereby informs the people of Papua New Guinea of the passing of Lady Hannah Dadae, wife of Governor General Grand Chief Sir Bob Dadae, reports the Post Courier newspaper.
Acting Official Secretary Bill Toraso confirmed that Lady Hannah passed away from a short illness on Tuesday this week in Brisbane, Australia.
Lady Dadae had been receiving medical treatment for the past three months when she succumbed to her illness.
Lady Dadae was a teacher by profession and had taught in schools throughout Morobe province for 29 years before retiring a few years ago.
After retirement, Lady Dadae became involved in charitable and Christian ministry which she continued to pursue when Grand Chief Sir Bob Dadae became the Governor General.
Lady Dadae was passionate about issues affecting women and children which she advocated and spoke passionately about throughout her travels with the Governor General.
Lady Dadae had been hosting Christian fellowship with female prisoners at Bomana Prison and had announced her intention to extend fellowship to female prisons throughout the country.
Lady Hannah Dadae comes from Garaina in Morobe Province. She was 53 years old. Lady Dadae is survived by Grand Chief Sir Bob Dadae and their five children.
The body of the late Lady Dadae will return to Port Moresby on Friday, 07 December accompanied by Governor General Grand Chief Sir Bob Dadae. Funeral arrangements will be announced soon after.
SOURCE: POST COURIER/PCNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media