- News Feature : Port Vila Declaration signed by Pacific MPs at conclusion of regional dialogue [12/11/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News Feature : Vanuatu labour chief defends refusal of media head's permit [12/11/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : Cash transaction reporting for Samoa [12/11/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Cook Islands PM: Same-sex ban must comply with constitution [12/11/2019 - Cook Islands]
- News : 'Hoping we can hold': Small Pacific states brace for measles spread [12/11/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : Vanuatu Speaker suspends Public Accounts Committee meeting [12/11/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Fiji Police could soon be armed with taser guns [12/11/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Tonga receives $500,000 climate readiness grant from Green Climate Fund with Commonwealth support [12/11/2019 - Tonga]
- News : Bougainville Referendum Commission will deliver accurate count with one announcement of results [12/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Bougainville Referendum: Applications for postal voting open [12/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji Health inspectors now based at the ports of entry: Dr Sahukhan [12/11/2019 - Fiji]
- News : PNG Police Minister Kramer accused of forging, falsifying defective warrant [12/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A private business company in Kiribati JMR Group has confirmed the arrival of its new ship MV Nivaga which it bought from Tuvalu.
A statement from the group’s Coral Sea Shipping Line says the ship is being sailed by eight I-Kiribati crew who flew aboard the Coral Sun Airways aircraft a few weeks ago to Funafuti to sail the ship to Kiribati.
It says the ship is also carrying with her five passengers from Tuvalu and will be serving the people of Kiribati in the Gilbert, Line and Phoenix Group.
Upon arrival, the name of the ship could also be changed from its current name to Coral Sea number 3.
JMR Group now has three ships in total namely the Coral Sea number 1, Coral Sea number 2 and Nivaga 2
SOURCE: RADIO KIRIBATI/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media