- Sports News : Pacific Games Council welcomes CNMI U-turn [24/05/2019 - Northern Mariana Islands]
- Sports News : PNG Rugby League naming rights sponsor terminated [24/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Hooked on tuna [24/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Samoa to host signing ceremony for post-2020 ACP-EU Treaty [24/05/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : SINPF buys 15% shares in PNG-based Loloata Island Resort [24/05/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Papua New Guinea PM denies Australian citizenship claims [24/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : FSM President hold high level meetings in Washington to discuss Compact provisions [24/05/2019 - Micronesia, Federated States of]
- News : Wamytan elected as New Caledonia Congress president [24/05/2019 - New Caledonia]
- Sports News : Fiji and Samoa join World Rugby Council meeting in Dublin [23/05/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Sports News : Athletics PNG names Samoa Pacific Games Squad [23/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : U.S assures FSM, Marshall Islands and Palau it will defend them against outside threats [23/05/2019 - United States]
- News : Work on Niue’s new parliament stalled over land lease issues and court injunction by Opposition MP [23/05/2019 - Niue]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
President of Nauru, and Pacific Islands Forum Chair,Baron Divavesi Waqa has expressed shock and sadness at the tragic events that occurred today in Christchurch, New Zealand.
“I convey to the victims, their families, the people and Government of New Zealand, the deepest condolences of the Pacific Islands Forum on behalf of all our members.
“We are a Forum family and what affects one, affects all. The people of New Zealand are in our thoughts and prayers,” said President Waqa.
Meanwhile, on behalf of the PIANGO family of NGOs and civil society across the Pacific, “we express our heartfelt grief and sorrow at the tragic killing of innocent lives in Aotearoa New Zealand.
As a Member of our Pacific community, we stand with you shoulder to shoulder, heart to heart in this difficult time coming to grips with what has happened,” it said in a statement
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media