- Sports News : Wallabies World cup squad named [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : ONOC praise Tokyo 2020 as Chef de Mission Seminar concludes [22/08/2019 - Japan]
- Sports News : Heat mitigation top of the agenda at Tokyo 2020 seminar [22/08/2019 - Japan]
- Business News : Additional $3 million in funding to flow from the Nauru Phosphate Royalties Trust [22/08/2019 - Nauru]
- Business News : Fiji National Provident Fund buys 20 percent EFL shares worth $220m [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : China Pacific Tourism Year Initiative gains momentum [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific Forum chief 'positive' on Tuvalu summit outcome [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific countries push for their rights as stewards of the ocean to reflected in new global BBNJ treaty [22/08/2019 - United States]
- News : FSM calls for respect for sovereignty in BBNJ treaty [22/08/2019 - United States]
- News : Women must come to the fore of peace and security: Samoa PM [22/08/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : We need to challenge climate change doubters before itís too late [22/08/2019 - United Kingdom]
- Business News : Fiji Airways defends its Tuvalu fares [22/08/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
President of Nauru, and Pacific Islands Forum Chair,Baron Divavesi Waqa has expressed shock and sadness at the tragic events that occurred today in Christchurch, New Zealand.
“I convey to the victims, their families, the people and Government of New Zealand, the deepest condolences of the Pacific Islands Forum on behalf of all our members.
“We are a Forum family and what affects one, affects all. The people of New Zealand are in our thoughts and prayers,” said President Waqa.
Meanwhile, on behalf of the PIANGO family of NGOs and civil society across the Pacific, “we express our heartfelt grief and sorrow at the tragic killing of innocent lives in Aotearoa New Zealand.
As a Member of our Pacific community, we stand with you shoulder to shoulder, heart to heart in this difficult time coming to grips with what has happened,” it said in a statement
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media