- News : Vanuatu Government decides on the postponement of the 51st Pacific Islands Forum Leaders Meeting [02/06/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : Fiji Government MP Sharma bailed over alleged domestic violence [02/06/2020 - Fiji]
- News : 'Fear will always be there': Covid-free Island prepares to bring home stranded citizens [02/06/2020 - Palau]
- Business News : Suspension of fisheries observers in place for Pacific until 31 July [01/06/2020 - Marshall Islands]
- Business News : Pacifical honours Kiribati tuna observer Eritara Aati Kaierua [01/06/2020 - Kiribati]
- News : Fiji's Health Ministry works to ensure no new wave of COVID-19 [01/06/2020 - Fiji]
- News : COVID-19 disrupting services to treat non-communicable diseases, WHO survey finds [01/06/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Vanuatu pitching to be the place to 'Work from Paradise' as it vies to be part of a Pacific travel bubble [01/06/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : PNG Police Minister: No time set to complete COVID- 19 audit [01/06/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji Government MP to appear in court for domestic violence case [01/06/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Fiji Labour market conditions worsened: Economic review [01/06/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Local COVID-19 response projects in Fiji and Vanuatu to benefit from UNDP’s support [01/06/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Two local businesses in Samoa have been awarded contracts to supply sports equipment for the Pacific Games.
The companies are Island Rock Company Limited and Samoa Stationery & Books (SSAB) Limited.
“Sports equipment for the various sports is required in order to host a successful Pacific Games,” a statement issued by Cabinet said.
“The Government of the Peoples Republic of China is assisting the games by donating 80% of the required sports equipment. The Government of Samoa will procure the remaining 20% of sports equipment.
“The evaluation was carried out according to the conditions set out in the Request for Tender document, the stipulations of the Treasury Instructions 2016 and the Samoa Tenders Board Guideline for Government Procurement and Contracting: Goods, Works and General Services 2016.”
Breakdown of successful bids:
• Island Rock Co. Ltd – ST$298,883.10 (US$114,895.35) (to supply Lot 1 (split between Island Rock and SSAB) & Lot 3)
o Lot 1 – General Sports Equipment
o Lot 3 – Sports Equipment for Sailing
• Samoa Stationery & Books (SSAB) Ltd – ST$84,763 (US$32,592) (to supply Lot 1 (split between Island Rock and SSAB)
Meanwhile, Schwartz Construction Ltd has been awarded the contract for the refurbishment of Gym 1, Gym 2 and Gym 3 of the Faleata Sports Complex.
The tender for the projects was advertised for public interest and four companies submitted applications of bids.
An assessment of the tenders was conducted by the Sub-committee according to the procedures specified in the Government of Samoa Tenders Board Guidelines.
After the administrative, technical, and financial evaluation of all qualified tenders, it was recommended by the Committee that the bid for the Procurement of Works for the Rehabilitation of Gyms 1, 2, and 3 of the Faleata Sports Complex be awarded to Schwartz Construction Ltd at a total bid price SAT$631,710.00 (US$242,568.34)inclusive of all applicable taxes.
The price is inclusive of the 10% discount offered conditional on the award of all three Lots.
Cabinet approved the recommendation and awarded the contract to Schwartz Construction Ltd. Renovation works are still ongoing and they are on time, on budget and on schedule.
SOURCE: SAMOA OBSERVER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media