- Business News : Advancing fisheries surveillance and enforcement cooperation [21/09/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Minister Masiu confirms citing of 150 PNG nationals in leaked international data base [21/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Mother and son elected in South South Bougainville [21/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : James Tanis humbly bows out from Bougainville presidential election [21/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : ANZ waives online international money transfer fees to Pacific [21/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News : USP saga drags on [21/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News : PNG records nine new COVID-19 cases on Sunday,records another COVID-19 death [21/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Two die in in Solomon Islands bomb blast [21/09/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News : COVID-19 illustrates ‘woefully under prepared’ world – UN health chief [21/09/2020 - United States]
- News : Toroama consolidating lead in Bougainville presidential race [21/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Australian supplies Guardian-class patrol boat to Palau [21/09/2020 - Australia]
- Sports News : Flying Fijians Coach Cotter will name Autumn Nations Cup squad soon [18/09/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Pacific Islands News Association (PINA) Ltd is the premier regional organisation representing the interests of media professionals in the Pacific region. It links radio, television, newspapers, magazines, online services, national associations and journalism schools in 23 Pacific Island
The regional media organisation was formally registered in Fiji as a Company Limited by Guarantee on 23 January 2014.
In November 2004, PINA officially merged with the Pacific Islands Broadcasting Association (PIBA) to become the only voice of the regional media in the Pacific. PIBA was established to look after the interests of public broadcasters until the merger.
1. Promote and defend freedom of expression and information
2. Promote and develop professional standards through training and education
3. Develop professional fellowship and cooperation.
- develops training and resource materials, and encourage exchange of information and skills with industry members in the PICs.
- operates a daily news service, PACNEWS, compiled from news articles contributed by members
- Promotes good governance through dissemination of accurate information to Pacific Island Countries (PICs)
- Relationship building with NGOs, donors, and regional organisation in strengthening coverage of their work programmes in the development of PICs.
PINA Ltd is governed by an executive committee board elected by the members during the General Conference held every two years and five Fiji based directors.President: Mr Kora Nou (Papua New Guinea)
Vice President: Mrs Katalina Tohi (Tonga)
Print Representative – Ms Hilda Lamani (Solomon Islands)
Radio Representative – Mr George Lavaka (Tonga)
Television Representative – Mrs Viola Ulakai (Tonga)
National Association Representative – Mr Stanley Simpson (Fiji)
Online Media Representative - Mr Iliesa Tora (Tonga)
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media