- News Feature : A growing to-do list for Manu Tupou-Roosen beneath that tropical exterior is a steely resolve to get the work done and an attitude that no challenge is unsurmountable [19/07/2018 - Fiji]
- News Feature : This island nation is making the fastest-ever shift to renewables [19/07/2018 - Palau]
- Business News : PNG National Executive Council should take a step back, says ADB [19/07/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Proposed Anti-Corruption bill in Solomon Island considers giving or accepting gifts under customary practices as a defence against corruption [19/07/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : Why the Cook Islands fears rich-country status [19/07/2018 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : Digital TV channel for Samoa government programmes [19/07/2018 - Samoa]
- Business News : PNG landowners missing out from tuna company that stays in the red [19/07/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Indonesia appreciates Micronesia`s commitment to respect its territorial integrity [19/07/2018 - Indonesia]
- News : China ‘forces airline out of business’ as Palau maintains links with Taiwan [19/07/2018 - Palau]
- News : US claims better development finance terms than China [19/07/2018 - United States]
- News : No change after Mauke recount in Cook Islands election [19/07/2018 - Cook Islands]
- Sports News : Captains set for Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 [19/07/2018 - United States]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
5th Pacific Media Summit 2018
Greetings from the PINA Secretariat in Suva, Fiji Islands!
We have been receiving lots of inquiries about our 5th Pacific Media Summit in Nuku’alofa, Tonga from 7-11 May this year.
Below are some quick updates on preparations for the Media Summit;
Our theme for the summit is “Empowering the Media for Digital Challenges.”
“Many of governments in the Pacific have embarked on ambitious ICT policies in the hope that it will facilitate growth and transform their people into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Most of these policies are centred on making available digital infrastructure, providing governance and services on demand and digital empowerment of citizens. The summit will explore opportunities and challenges for the media in a digitally empowered society.”
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media