- News Feature : Blue Charter action group makes strides toward tackling ocean acidification [21/02/2019 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : China’s military seeks new islands to conquer [21/02/2019 - United States]
- Business News : EU blacklisting criterias under the miscroscope: Samoa Central Bank [21/02/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : $50 billion for 20-Year Plan for development in Fiji [21/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Four former PMs in Solomon Islands in the race [21/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Five Solomon Islands political parties exclude women [21/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : Prepare now for accelerating climate threats, military officials warn [21/02/2019 - Netherlands]
- News : Fees could see lower candidate numbers - Solomon Islands electoral office [21/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Fijian government welcomes Multinational Observer Group report on election [21/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Fiji women MPs urged put differences aside to address 'big issues' [21/02/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : Barak Sope calls for Lini compensation, not to sale of Vanuatu passport [21/02/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Rat poison discovered in cocaine and methamphetamine mix: Fiji Police Commissioner [21/02/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
5th Pacific Media Summit 2018
Greetings from the PINA Secretariat in Suva, Fiji Islands!
We have been receiving lots of inquiries about our 5th Pacific Media Summit in Nuku’alofa, Tonga from 7-11 May this year.
Below are some quick updates on preparations for the Media Summit;
Our theme for the summit is “Empowering the Media for Digital Challenges.”
“Many of governments in the Pacific have embarked on ambitious ICT policies in the hope that it will facilitate growth and transform their people into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Most of these policies are centred on making available digital infrastructure, providing governance and services on demand and digital empowerment of citizens. The summit will explore opportunities and challenges for the media in a digitally empowered society.”
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media