- News Feature : Bright lights, big problems: hardship hits career dreams of Pacific youth [15/07/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Former Solomon Islands Central Bank Governor joins Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat [15/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Australia's Pacific clout eroding: expert [15/07/2020 - Australia]
- News : Two new cases of Covid-19 in NZ [15/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : COVID19 an excuse for ‘inhumane’ media cull- PFF on Solomon Islands [15/07/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- Sports News : Pacific Island Super Rugby team gains traction [15/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : New technologies, Ancient Solutions [15/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : COVID-19 forces Fiji's offshore fishing industry sub-sector to cease fresh fish exports [15/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Third FNPF COVID-19 payment to be made next week [15/07/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : Vanuatu COVID-19 State of Emergency extended to December [15/07/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : French soldier tests positive for Covid-19 in New Caledonia [15/07/2020 - New Caledonia]
- News : Micronesian group of countries are COVID-free: Nauru President [15/07/2020 - Nauru]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji authorities reminded about press freedom’s importance in tackling COVID-19
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) criticized the op-ed by the Fiji Military Forces chief of staff who argued that freedom of speech and freedom of the press can be stifled in times of national emergencies.
This statement was originally published on rsf.org
Read article More related articles
RSF 2020 World Press Freedom Index: Coming decade will be decisive for the future of journalism
“The coronavirus pandemic illustrates the negative factors threatening the right to reliable information, ...Netizen pushback in China: Sharing information and circumventing COVID-19 censorship
Despite China's notorious censorship regime, netizens have found ingenious ways to share COVID-19 informatio...
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...
28 September 2014
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...On Right to Know Day, UN urged to emphasise free expression in the Post-2015 Agenda
28 September 2014
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media