- Sports News : Pools confirmed for Womens Rugby World Cup 2021 [20/11/2020 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Fijians selected for employment opportunities under the Australian Pacific Labour scheme [20/11/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : How to craft a strong WTO deal on fishing subsidies [20/11/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Public concern as Covid-19 uncertainty hits Samoa [20/11/2020 - Samoa]
- News : Climate crisis: ‘Nowhere near the finish line’ – UN chief [20/11/2020 - United States]
- News : Future of an entire generation at risk, as COVID-19 pandemic drags on [20/11/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Samoa suspected positive COVID19 swap samples heading to NZ [20/11/2020 - Samoa]
- News : PNG political instability must not dissuade ABG Government in the Post Referendum consultations: President Toroama [20/11/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji AG on ‘bomb’ probe – ‘Let due process take its course’ [20/11/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Munster smash: Cameron inspires upset win over Blues 20 -14 to clinch State of Origin series [19/11/2020 - Australia]
- Sports News : Fiji Rugby Union accepts ‘harsh’ decision [19/11/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Groundbreaking study examines cost-benefit of workplace responses to gender-based violence in PNG [19/11/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji authorities reminded about press freedom’s importance in tackling COVID-19
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) criticized the op-ed by the Fiji Military Forces chief of staff who argued that freedom of speech and freedom of the press can be stifled in times of national emergencies.
This statement was originally published on rsf.org
Read article More related articles
RSF 2020 World Press Freedom Index: Coming decade will be decisive for the future of journalism
“The coronavirus pandemic illustrates the negative factors threatening the right to reliable information, ...Netizen pushback in China: Sharing information and circumventing COVID-19 censorship
Despite China's notorious censorship regime, netizens have found ingenious ways to share COVID-19 informatio...
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...
28 September 2014
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...On Right to Know Day, UN urged to emphasise free expression in the Post-2015 Agenda
28 September 2014
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media