- Business News : Over 800 jobs lost in first six months of Samoa state of emergency [03/03/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Solomon Islands PM orders security step up at western border [03/03/2021 - Solomon Islands]
- Sports News : Women's Rugby World Cup in New Zealand set to be postponed a year to 2022 due to Covid concerns [03/03/2021 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : NZ Government committed to hosting Women’s Rugby World Cup [03/03/2021 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Charles Piutau poised to finally complete Tongan switch [03/03/2021 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Organisers of 2022 Pacific Mini Games request budget details from participating sports [03/03/2021 - Northern Mariana Islands]
- Sports News : Fiji 7s review – Baber looking at best options for Olympic games bid [03/03/2021 - Fiji]
- Business News : Filipino seafarers' in Fiji fate to be discussed today [03/03/2021 - Fiji]
- News : Samoa Parliament dissolves ahead of General Election [03/03/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Latest UN Climate action report prompts urgent Pacific call [03/03/2021 - Fiji]
- News : UN Secretary-General urges countries to end ‘deadly addiction’ to coal [03/03/2021 - United States]
- News : Disciplined forces positions must be filled quickly: Fiji Defence Minister [03/03/2021 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji authorities reminded about press freedom’s importance in tackling COVID-19
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) criticized the op-ed by the Fiji Military Forces chief of staff who argued that freedom of speech and freedom of the press can be stifled in times of national emergencies.
This statement was originally published on rsf.org
Read article More related articles
RSF 2020 World Press Freedom Index: Coming decade will be decisive for the future of journalism
“The coronavirus pandemic illustrates the negative factors threatening the right to reliable information, ...Netizen pushback in China: Sharing information and circumventing COVID-19 censorship
Despite China's notorious censorship regime, netizens have found ingenious ways to share COVID-19 informatio...
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...
28 September 2014
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...On Right to Know Day, UN urged to emphasise free expression in the Post-2015 Agenda
28 September 2014
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media