- Sports News : Tonga coach welcomes Moana Pasifika, but with a warning for All Blacks [22/04/2021 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Despite severe COVID-19 impacts Vanuatu businesses remain optimistic [22/04/2021 - Vanuatu]
- News : Two new COVID-19 cases confirmed in Fiji [22/04/2021 - Fiji]
- News : Samoa could go back to the Polls [22/04/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Ocean benefits increasingly undermined by human activity, UN assessment reveals [22/04/2021 - United States]
- News : Biden administration considers protections for climate change refugees [22/04/2021 - United States]
- News : Chaos in PNG politics as prime minister adjourns parliament, avoiding no confidence vote [22/04/2021 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Samoa caretaker PM Tuilaepa defends addition of woman MP [22/04/2021 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Biden Summit: Pacific Islands Climate Action Network calls on 40 leaders to pressure the U.S to increase its Green Climate Fund commitments [22/04/2021 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : New Zealand to open new Trade Commission in Fiji [22/04/2021 - Fiji]
- News : Samoa in "constitutional crisis" [22/04/2021 - Samoa]
- News : PNG’s COVID-19 cases surpasses 10,000 – death toll at 91 [22/04/2021 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji authorities reminded about press freedom’s importance in tackling COVID-19
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) criticized the op-ed by the Fiji Military Forces chief of staff who argued that freedom of speech and freedom of the press can be stifled in times of national emergencies.
This statement was originally published on rsf.org
Read article More related articles
RSF 2020 World Press Freedom Index: Coming decade will be decisive for the future of journalism
“The coronavirus pandemic illustrates the negative factors threatening the right to reliable information, ...Netizen pushback in China: Sharing information and circumventing COVID-19 censorship
Despite China's notorious censorship regime, netizens have found ingenious ways to share COVID-19 informatio...
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...
28 September 2014
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...On Right to Know Day, UN urged to emphasise free expression in the Post-2015 Agenda
28 September 2014
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media